Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Restitution of conjugal rights or divorce

Page no : 2

gautam (not disclosed)     23 July 2014

Hi Sumita, was there any domestic violence towards you? Apparently the content of your posts says desertion by husband but no proofs of domestic violence.

If no violence, then it is a false case against your husband.

Agreed, that injustice has been meted out to you, but then one cannot force somebody to stay together, personally do you feel in your heart that the relationship can be repaired?

Sumita (personal)     23 July 2014

Hi Gautam - There was gross domestic voilence... triggered by the medical condition and related frustration of my husband... I tolerated all the inhumanly bashing tll I could, trying to save the marriage... but destiny wins..

I have truth by my side and am strong to contest it. I do not need any false means... I know my journey will be tough... but let me see whether truth prevails in today's era or not.

I think I need to meet my absconding husband once, to assess what can be repaired and what not.. as till I sent him to join the new job things were pretty good on the surface level at least... I have come across some very bad medical reports of his, which he never shared with me.. So i am in flux... cant decide whats in his heart and mind till I meet him... that my emotion...

Logic says... stand up for what all has been done to me and continue happening to me.... which I am doing.

Lets see what destiny has in store for me.

gautam (not disclosed)     23 July 2014

May truth prevail and rewarded, wish you all the best

Sumita (personal)     24 July 2014

Thanks Gautam... I definitely feel I need good wishes as they work :)

Samir N (General Queries) (Business)     25 July 2014

@Sumita, your actions do not reflect your philosophy.  You have filed a DV case and you expect to amicably resolve your problems with your husband? These two are mutually exclusive. Right to residence can be filed through a  civil case rather than resorting to a quasi-criminal case (DV) which can only exacerbate the strain in the relationship. If he suffers from impotence, I see no way your relationship is going to work out in the long run. 

Either way, rather than going through a "tough journey" with "truth on your side," just file for divorce and move on. Fighting in Indian courts will adversely impact you mentally, financially and emotionally. It does not matter on whose side the Court finally rules, both parties are losers in legal matrimonial disputes. So, if you are philosophically inclined, practically oriented and optimistic about life in general, then the best approach is to severe ties, forget about maintenance, ask for divorce which he will surely give without alimony/maintenance demands.   Then find a new man, get married, have kids, etc.  For women, age is of essence when it comes to second marriage.  Filing for RCR will dilute the impotence basis for seeking divorce and only delay the ultimate outcome which is clearly going to be divorce, anyway. 

Pause for a day or two and think about this approach... Seriously.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register