Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ammu (JRF)     22 November 2014

Resigning a temporary job

hi,

I was working in pvt engg college as JRF on a Temporary basis. I have already submitted my resignation and Medical certificate on july . now its november. but they have not yet given my original certificates. Now they are asking me to rejoin. Meanwhile i have cleared bank exam. I have to submit my certificates during interview. When i ask for certificate they are forcing me to work. they are not handing over my certificates. Do they have any rights to hold my certificate???

Pls do give a suggestion regarding this.. thank yo..

Learning

4 Replies

Ammu (JRF)     22 November 2014

hi, 

i forgot to mention that i have not signed in any bond or agreement.

ADVOCATE Prem Joshi (Advocate/ Legal Consultant)     22 November 2014

Send legal notice through advocate

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 November 2014

Do you have any evidence that proves that you were asked to submit original certificates....or employer declining to return... or acknowledgement of having received certificates....or forcing you to work? Your original certificates are your property and employer can not have any lien on it. Do you have acknowledgement/POD of having submitted resignation? Employee can resign from temporary or even permanent job. Once employee has resigned he has ended the employer-employee relationships. Usually it is stated in affiliation by laws e.g. CBSE..that original certificates can not be retained (as collateral).... The employee's unions, lawyer, police, authorities in Board/Univ/State Edu.Act, COURT of law can be approached. You may record the calls/meetings (audiovisual) and build favorable record.... You may submit a gentle representation in writing under proper acknowledgement,to good offices of appointing authority, managing committee, Chairman.... narrating all representations and ask to supply the original certificates that you need to show on Dated......otherwise you will loose employement....and also to supply you the acknowledgement of sick leave application and approval, acknowledgement and acceptance of resignation, FnF statement, FnF dues,Form16 of all years,Salary slips of all months, PF number and a/c slips of all years, ESIC CARD,NOC/NDC,service certificate, relieving letter etc..... Apply your skills to resolve and if you are unable to handle the matter on your own entrust it to your lawyer.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 November 2014

In my opinion and understanding, one need not deposit the original certificate for joining as a JRF (Junior research fellow), how did it happen in your case.  Once a JRF, you will be getting a paltry amount every month as stipend, this confirms that you are not an employee of that organisation hence your original certificates need not have been submitted, anyway, if they still dodge you the return of the same, you may send a legal notice demanding the return of the same after which you may resort to legal recourse.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register