Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul (None)     25 April 2011

Remarriage: Tips to prvent 498a

Am considering remarrying in Bangalore. What precautions can I take to mitigate
the possibility of any future 498a. I understand that I can do a court marriage
and get it in writing that no dowry was demanded or taken. That should take care
of the harassment of dowry complaint. However, I can still be accused of
cruelty. How do I mitigate that(peridoic taped evidence of bonhomie in
relationship?)? I am not looking for a cut and dried solution but anything that
reduces the chances of 498a and lets the otehr party know that any such actions
will be responded to in a firm manner.
Right now, the woman is willing to cooperate to reduce my fears.
Thanks

Learning

10 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     25 April 2011

@ Author

1. No one is safe from it be it second or third or XYZ marriage in India till it is repealed and or amended.
2. She probably is co-operating now because she wants to get into your pockets.
3. During courtships talk to her daily for 2 hrs. about duties of a wife in a Hindu marriage and if you feel from the outcome she is the one go ahead nothing may come later is my view.
4. Instead of marriage opt for Live in which is more safer than marriage as per current social trend and acceptability

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     25 April 2011

How come you are expecting 498A.?  I do agree with Tejobsindia.

(Guest)

Hi,

I agree with Tejobsindia!

There is no way to prevent 498A. Now that you have already selected a gal, I cannot suggest you anything more.

IF somebody is looking for a gal for 2nd marriage after having suffered from false litigations, I advise him to search for a 498A victim gal, i.e. a victim's sister who had such a case on her. This category of gals are at least risk of filing false cases.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     25 April 2011

no way out.

may think of live in.

I advise him to search for a 498A victim gal, i.e. a victim's sister who had such a case on her. This category of gals are at least risk of filing false cases

NEW IDEA.

@ Arup

No guarantee that she may not like to give him again taste of the same ladoo since once she had a (reverse) experience of it ! Here experience counts and anyhow husband is a husband (read bakara) and afterall he is not going to be her brother na so how come she will ever have soft corner for HIM if that laddoo rolls either way!

2. Best is your most talked topic Live-ins; so far it is safest bet against 498a for second marriage thinking Indian HUSBANDS post 498a but no safety from DV though but then DV is a civil deterrent he will get over it when it comes to that :-)

mr gs's idea seems to me a new idea.

as the girl tested the 498a accused's pain, might be careful about 498a.  but there is no gurantee.

to avoid dv in case of live in, just get out from live in when relation detoriate.

the next option left is just marry a man. NO DV  NO DOWRY  NO 498A.

Originally posted by :Arup

"

the next option left is just marry a man. NO DV NO DOWRY NO 498A.

"

@ (last mail)

It will shut down entire LCI Family Law Forum if it ever happens
. Then, now all the eligible women's complaining here about their MIL's and Husbands shall marry another woman. NO DV NO DOWRY NO FEMALE FOEITICIDE NO 498A  - RIGHT

1.3 BTW when shall this start happening in
India via LCI !

WHEN A PERSON GET MARRIED -  HE DO NOT SEEK PERMISSION FROM LCI. LCI NOT IN PICTURE HERE.

Rahul (None)     25 April 2011

Thank you for the response. I understand that there is no foolproof protection from 498a in any marriage. However, as I mentioned, I am hoping for ideas that will reduce the risk. Live in / marrying sisters of 498a are plausible but not practiable in my situation.  In fact, if someone can tell me how to propose to a lady that I would prefer to live in instead of marriage, that will be useful. Right now, people call me paranoid.

In any case, getting a certificate at the time of marriage that no dowry was taken isnt kind of a deterrent. I am looking for similar deterrents

Thanks for any inputs

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register