Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anu (technical wrter)     17 November 2013

Relieving letter issue

Hi,

From Nov 2007 to Nov 2009, I worked in a small company on contract basis. Notice period was not mention in my offer letter.  I got job in another organization in 2009 and they wanted to join me immediately. They did not ask for relieving letter from first organization. But i asked first company to give relieving letter as they gave other employees even if they did not serve notice period. I served 15 days of NP before leaving first company. They did not give  letter or my salary for earlier month. Before joining second company my contract was over and they never renewed it though i continued to worked for 3months (without contract)

In 2010 I got job in MNC IT company. Before joining i told them my issue (not having letter from first company). Submitted relieving letter from second organization. They were fine with it. But in three years this issue occurred twice. I contacted first company but since it belongs to Proprietor and they do not follow any rules, obviously did not give me letter. Now it is not possible to get letter from them. Since in first company I submitted resignation letter in written format, I do not have copy of it.

Please advice me what to do.

Learning

2 Replies

Pooja Hegde R. (Advocate)     17 November 2013

I have handled such matters before and I can do it now. You please mail the company names and locations to me on advocatepoojahegde@gmail.com.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 November 2013

Even if it is Proprietor Company it has to maintain records and registers, and ensure compliance to law of the land, statues, and enactments applicable to it. You can even demand all salary slips which employer has to keep for 3Y.

The employer must have entered the separation as per your resignation in forms prescribed under Shops and Commercial Establishments Act.

You may quote your period of service and demand service certificate that should be supplied to one and all.

Employee should never adopt casual approach and must diligently obtain all docs and maintain record.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register