Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dharmendra (XYZ)     20 May 2014

Releiving letter from previous company

Hi,

I was working with one of the IT company based in Hyderabad till Jan 2012. As per my employment agreement, there was 2 month's notice period (Buyout option was not mentioned in agreement). I resigned with the company on 16th January 2012 and asked the company to relieve me by the end of January as I was not required to do the knowledge transfer. Since I asked for early relieving, I was ready to pay for the rest of the notice period, but they were not ready for that. But I kept on pursuing on relieve me by 31st January. On 26th January, company told me that they are relieving me from my duty, but they will not give me relieving letter and the salary for month of January. So basically I served 15 days notice period and gave one month salary to that company. Since I wanted to keep good relation with the company, I did not push for relieving letter. But Now I have to join a new company and they are asking for all the relieving letter. So, I asked my previous employer to give the relieving letter, but they are still not ready. So my question is, since I served 15 day's notice period, gave the one month's salary to the company, can I take the legal action against the company for getting relieving letter?

Regards,

Dharmendra

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register