LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

THINAKARAN RAJAMANI (Journalism & IT)     30 March 2014

Registering Hindu Christian Marriage

Respected Sir/Madam, I am a Hindu and recently married with a Christian girl.Now we want to register our marriage as a Hindu Christian special marriage. We are from tamil nadu. Could anyone give me more info as per tamil nadu's marriage act?

Learning

4 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     02 April 2014

there is a prescribed Form in duplicate and shall deliver it in person to the Registrar of the area where the marriage is performed within ninety days from the date of the marriage as per Tamilnadu Marriage Act, 2009.  consult the registrar of your area for other details.

there is a prescribed Form in duplicate and shall deliver it in person to the Registrar of the area where the marriage is performed within ninety days from the date of the marriage as per Tamilnadu Marriage Act, 2009.  consult the registrar of your area for other details.

THINAKARAN RAJAMANI (Journalism & IT)     02 April 2014

Respected Sir,

Thank you for your kind reply. I would be happy if you clarify another one of my doubt.

Actually I was forcefully converted as christian by the church where our marriage was held and the same is documented by them. For avoiding unnecessary problems between our families, I kept silent till completion of our marriage (I had also faced many problem since ours is a love marriage).  I don't think their internal document will not stop me registering my marriage as Special (Hindu & christian) marriage in tamil nadu. Am I correct?

Yours Truly,

Thinakaran R

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register