LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jaydev varma   30 August 2015

Regarding passport

I want to apply for passport in india but i have a problem with my documents. My DOB is 22/11/1989 in all my educational documents but it is 22/11/1990 in my Birth certificate. As i read that birth certificate is mandatory for all the applicants who born on or after 26/1/1989. So i am unable to apply for passport because it will led my passport application to be rejected. I tried to go to municipal corporation regarding change in my DOB in birth certificate but they told me its not possible. Is anyone there who can help me in this issue? I want this issue to be resolved as soon as possible. Thank you Jaydev varma

Learning

3 Replies

KS Johal   30 August 2015

You cannot change the original date of birth that has been registered in the office. I think it is possible to change the date of birth on your documents. The document will need to be attested by the commissioner of oath. I hope this helps.

Adv M.I Chowdhary   30 August 2015

Apply for official change of date in Gazette

Jaydev varma   04 September 2015

I tried getting my DOB to be changed in my Birth Certificate by getting a affidavit from SDM but municipal office did not accept that. I want to get it done as soon as possible. I need to get passport soon. Is there any lawyer who can do it for me?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register