LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kishan Singh   07 November 2021

Regarding over charging

My fridge was not working then i called the mechanic for its repairing. He checked the fridge and told that 02 of it's parts has been defected and if I will change the same i will charge Rs.1600/- as I do not know about the same I agree for the same and paid him the same amount and he has also issued the bill for the same amount, but when I confirm about the cost of the said parts from the shop and online the price if the parts are Rs.500/- it means he has been charged Rs.1100/- excess from me. Now my question is can u make his complaint before the consumer court please suggest me the legal remedy.

Learning

6 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     08 November 2021

How can I register a complaint in consumer court online?

Step 1: Register on the website, consumerhelpline.gov.in by clicking on 'New user'. Step 2: Complainant needs to provide all the required details like name, email id, address and phone number. Step 3: After completing the registration process, go on to log-in and fill in the username and password.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 November 2021

Ignore such losses and following up for such petty amounts may also cost further additional amounts and wastage of precision time in attending the forum.  If the mechanic is authorized to lodge a complaint to the company.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     09 November 2021

File a consumer complaint if you want to teach a lesson to such person.

P. Venu (Advocate)     09 November 2021

To my understanding, he has charged for his service as well the cost of the spare part. As he has propely repaired the fridge, it is a hasty conclusion that he has overcharged. 

Kishan Singh   09 November 2021

Apart from this he has charged Rs.350/- as his service charge

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     23 November 2021

You can file cosumer case.

Whether you win or not you will be be facing boycott of all mechanics in locality.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register