Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Samarjit Banerjee (Assistant Manager)     01 June 2014

Regarding gratuity in west bengal

Respected sir/madam,

With due respect this is to inform you that i want to know that in which office i have to submit the "Gratuity form" in Siliguri, West Bengal. Please help me out.

Thanking you

Samarjit Banerjee

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 June 2014

If Payment of Gratuity Act is applicable to the Establishment and you are eligible fore the payment then you may Submit FormI under proper acknowledgment to Employer i.e. Appointing Authority, MD.......................

Even if no application is submitted by employee the employer has to supply the Notice of Determination of Gratuity and payment by cheque to employee within 30 days of separation, or has to tender interest@10%.pa.

If employer does not tender payment you can approach the Inspector under Payment of Gratuity or ALC ( state or central as per applicability of appropriate government in your case) along with copy of FormI and its POD/Proper Acknowledgment by employer and they may issue FormN.

The local office of labor commissioner, Labor consultant can guide you further.

You have to find the address of the office on your own.

You may refer to Payment of Gratuity Act:1972: Sec: 1(3) (b)(c)(3A), 2(a)(s), 2A (1),2 (a)(i) (ii) (b) (i) (ii), 4(2)(5), 7, 7A,8,9

It is believed that the Act is applicable to the establishment…………………and you are eligible for the payment.

Formulae for calculation:

{( Basic+DA)/26*15*No. of years in service}

Basic+DA as per last drawn salary.

In last  year since  you have worked for >6M you may count it as 9Y.

Attached File : 300239316 paymentofgratuityact(1).doc downloaded: 75 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register