LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

raj agarwal   09 March 2016

Recovery of unsecured loan

i had taken a unsecured loan as on 28th march 2013,  and returned a few amount of money as on 24 th feb 2014. the transaction was settled by us as with the outstanding amount to not be recovered . but as on today i recieved a notice claiming the balance amount . although it is not a courts notice , it is send by his lawyer. my question is can he claim the remaining amount after 28th march 2016 as the period of 3 years gets completed ????? also does the notice by his lawyer within a period of 3 years make his claim correct ??? plz suggest.  there is no written agreement to this

Learning

3 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     10 March 2016

Sir, Let them go the court and prove their case .... Warm Regards Kapil Chandna Advocate 9899011450

rajeev sharma (Advocate Ex senior manager law )     12 March 2016

Return of money in 2014 amounts to acknowledgement of loan and limitation run from last acknowledgement of loan. So the notice is within limitation period. If you have any document relating to settlement of loan contact your counsel

rajeev sharma (Advocate Ex senior manager law )     12 March 2016

Return of money in 2014 amounts to acknowledgement of loan and limitation run from last acknowledgement of loan. So the notice is within limitation period. If you have any document relating to settlement of loan contact your counsel

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register