Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SS   23 July 2015

Recovery agency calls

Hi,

I have some outstanding pending on my ICICI Credit Card. I received calls from the agency and responded earlier. Recently made some payments. Even after some delays, I am continuously paying the minimum dues mentioned required as stated by them.

I have responded to their calls but now, it has become frequent calling from their end. Due to which, I had to avoid their calls and sometimes due to busy in meetings. Now they have started calling on my official board number and repeatedly asking not to call on the board number, they are doing the same.

Are they allowed to call on my official number as I haven't mentioned it anywhere in my communication with the bank. Secondly, are they allowed to make repeated calls in a single day.

Kindly suggest.

Learning

2 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     23 July 2015

Enjoying initially the credit card and repenting later for repayment,is this justifiable.It is the duty of the bank and the recovery agencies to ask the defaulters to repay,U cannot hold them wrong.But i don't support the way these recovery agencies behave with the defaulters.U are lucky only with phone calls,don't be surprised if they land up at UR doorstep tomorrow.Hence it is better to settle the issue by approaching the bank.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 July 2015

Hope you shall take it positively.

You are cash cow now for them…………..source of hefty commissions, sky high interest rates.

Your phone numbers, email, address, residence, office place etc are your property and M/s ICICI bank, and its recovery agents and have no right on it.

They can not intrude anywhere without your permission.

Even Government, Governor RBI that frames rules can not grant any right or permission to any bank or its agents to intrude.

As per various publications and even judgments by Supreme Court of India, M/s ICICI bank and its recovery agents have been notorious and seem to have not been reformed even after penalties and punishments by courts of law. These publications suggest that they have become habitual offenders. Same is the case with other banks like M/s HDFC bank, even SBI’s SBI Cards………….

You can search in both Experts/Forum section of LCI also and may go thru various thread e.g :

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Harrasment-by-icici-banks-recovery-agents-76271.asp#.VbDKCrV-jMo

There are judgments by NCDRC prohibiting the sky high interest and charges the CC companies, banks levy.

You may record all calls……………………..ask them in a plain language that they can write to you by Redg. Post only……………………seek an appointment in writing by Redg. Post and you will grant appointment and meeting shall be recorded and minutes shall be signed by both on the spot, then and there………………………….or ask them to go to court…………………….as suitable to them….

You can approach police, court, and demand injunction from callers.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register