Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sonali Sen (Senior Content Writer)     27 April 2014

Recovering money lent to a friend

Hi,

I have loaned money to a friend and all I have to show for it is the details of the account transaction showing that My husband transferred the money to her husband's account. They are now divorced, and after repeated attempts at trying to get the money back, I have failed. Is there a legal route that I can take? She is now completely off the grid and is not reachable on her phone. Is there a legal route that I can take?

Regards

Sonali

Learning

3 Replies

rajendra (na)     28 April 2014

Your query is bit confusing ..give me clear details

if your husband trasfered money from his account your friend's husband account ..

do u have any proof for this ?any written document for this?

bank transactions statement any?

If yes to the any of the above then issue a legal notice from lawyer to opposite party who received money to his/her account and once u get reply file it in a civil court..

this will take 2-3 years to get your money

example:if u transfer 2lac amount and file a civil case on them and u got judgement on 3years later..

opposite party need to pay 2lac_interest amount for this ...

good luck

rajendra (na)     28 April 2014

Your query is bit confusing ..give me clear details

if your husband trasfered money from his account your friend's husband account ..

do u have any proof for this ?any written document for this?

bank transactions statement any?

If yes to the any of the above then issue a legal notice from lawyer to opposite party who received money to his/her account and once u get reply file it in a civil court..

this will take 2-3 years to get your money

example:if u transfer 2lac amount and file a civil case on them and u got judgement on 3years later..

opposite party need to pay 2lac_interest amount for this ...

good luck

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 April 2014

Since you said that you have details of having transferred the money to her husband's account, first issue a demand notice through your lawyer to her husband, based on his reply, you can proceed further with the legal actions as envisaged in the law. Consult a local lawyer and apprise him of the situation and proceed as pr his advise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register