Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vikram (employ)     07 November 2013

Recorder forcefully taken away during meeting what to do ?

I have done many audio recordings on my old Nokia mobile (telephonic as well as audio recordings of meetings) in which my wife and her parents have confessed that there had been no dowry demands nor any kind of domestic violence from our side. But during the last meeting they took that phone forcefully from us knowing that we were recording the meeting and now they have all the recordings and the phone as well. I have backup of all the recordings in my computer but I read somewhere that the media used to record is also important to prove the recording is not tempered. I have come to know that they have given all recordings to there lawyer which also contains some of my personal conversations which they can misused against me. Now they are not going to give me the mobile back, so what should I do. Shell I make a complaint in the PS? Is recording a meeting without information illegal? Please advice.

I have mentioned more details of my case at https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Wife-trying-to-enter-my-parent-s-house-forcefully-91559.asp

Learning

8 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     08 November 2013

you already have the information you recorded.  Is it correct.

your property is snatched from you. Is it correct.

Vikram (employ)     08 November 2013

Yes Mr.Sudhir you are correct in both the statements. Now my Q is what should I do in this situation??

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     08 November 2013

have you gone to area thana

Vikram (employ)     08 November 2013

Not yet. As the person who came along with them are very influential and we feared to file any complaint against them. Also we are not sure if recording a meeting legal or not.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     09 November 2013

there is nothing illegal in recoding private meeting.

Vivek (manager)     09 November 2013

TAke Video record also... No crime.

(Guest)

Use spy pen camera next time.  Its on sale on amazon dot com.

Vikram (employ)     09 November 2013

Thanks all for the advice. But my question is should I file a complaint that they have taken my mobile forcefully. I would have filled a complaint earlier but the person who did the act of forcefully taking the mobile is a very influential with lots of links in politics as well as police station. I am a bit scared of filling a complaint against him as he may easily harm me and my family if provoked by the complaint.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More