LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

prasanthivasu.n (accounts executive)     09 April 2014

Rcr

My husband left me when i was six months pregnant for the reason that i was not ready to  sell my flat (the flat was purchased by me before marriage through a home loan and I was paying the emi. I filed for a divorce after my son was born and I was not able to attend the family court as I had my sick leave taken for my son. Finally he got Conjugal rights passed as an exparte. I restored the divorce case and I sent private notice to his office address and residence address in Trivandrum. Both court notice and the private notice returned as he has resigned the job in chennai. Today when I was discussing with the judge that the private notice and the court notice has returned back . The judge told me she will exparte my divorce after a paper publication suddenly  My husbhand counsel presented himself before the judge and said he could not attend the court. We have been living separately for 6 years now and my advocate is telling me I have to go through counselling session. I have gone through enough beatings at his hand when we were married over money and my flat and he has not made a single attempt to see my child and not spent a single rupee for my child till date. I dont want maintanance or alimony. Will i get a divorce now that he is going to appear in court. His relatives are telling me he does not have a job so he cant give me money. How much more years should i be going to court for this. I have a job and my child and house work to take care. Kindly help me how to get out of this mess.

Learning

3 Replies

sandykrish (Interested in Family LAW)     10 April 2014

Its simple have a word with him and tell him that you are okay for mutual consent divorce and sort out the custody matter amicably. If he is adamant he could drag the case for 3to 4 years, since you are working you will not be entitled for mmaintenance. Think before you ink. Talk to the judge on the next date and settle the matter in front of mediator. Since 13 1 case is filled divorce can happen in a weeks time if both are parties have agreed for divorce.

prasanthivasu.n (accounts executive)     10 April 2014

My husband is not willing to give me divorce as he wants money and his relative have told me that my husband will not give Mutual consent divorce. Will i still get  a divorce. I don't want any alimony or maintanance. I have completely suffered for last 7 years no amount of money will be equal to the suffering I went through in this society. what is counselling and what should i say there. The counsellors in chennai are very intimidating and cruel and they tell it is women's fault.

prasanthivasu.n (accounts executive)     10 April 2014

My husband is not willing to give me divorce as he wants money and his relative have told me that my husband will not give Mutual consent divorce. Will i still get  a divorce. I don't want any alimony or maintanance. I have completely suffered for last 7 years no amount of money will be equal to the suffering I went through in this society. . The counsellors in chennai are very intimidating and cruel and they tell it is women's fault. I don't want to go through another round of gruelling counselling.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register