LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manpreet Singh   08 March 2022

Query related to divorce case order

I had filed for divorce in Oct 2017. Post this, my wife filed a complaint in saanjh kendra to which a compromise took place in Dec 2017. According to the compromise, we were asked to get back together for a month and see if things change. However; that did not work out. Meanwhile i did not withdraw my divorce case since i was asked to keep it open. I left the house after completing the month. Since then, i had been fighting the divorce casein the court but after four years, court has dismissed my case stating the compromise that had happened as a reason. My question now is, can my case really be dismissed on the ground of compromise even though situation did not change? If the court can dismiss the case stating this reason, what can i do further to get the divorce?. Can i challenge the order of the court?....Please help with the answers to these question.

Learning

2 Replies

Shashi Dhara   08 March 2022

Challenge the order in appeal or High court.

Manpreet Singh   08 March 2022

Thanks for your response. One of my witnesses had confirmed in the statement that the compromise had happened. Thats the only thing that i believe the judge has taken into consideration to dismiss the case. Do you think  this is logical to dismiss the case without looking at any other evidences that i had submitted like evidences of cruelty. ?

I had submitted the video evidences of cruelty but i guess judge didn't even look at it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register