LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Velocity   27 June 2015

punishment for abusive sms

Hello everyone, I am going through lots of issues due to my wife. She left me and went back to India after accusing that I am cheating on her. We're ccurrently going through divorce process. My wife started sending lots of abusive sms to my sister everyday. This is going on for 2 weeks. Can my sister lodge a police complaint on her and what punishment will be awarded to my wife. Thanks in advance for your answers.

Learning

3 Replies

naveenraj jain (proprietor)     28 June 2015

Show the contents of the SMS to your advocate. He may guide you whether police complaint can be lodged.

Velocity   30 June 2015

Hi Raj,

Why no punishment to my wife? It is a punishable offence as per cyber crime, then why she would be immune from that? And I wonder which Indian law provides the rights to the disgruntled wife to send abusive texts to all the family members of the husband.

Please provide me your response as I really can't tolerate my wife toying with all my family members at her will just because she's a women and she has gender biased laws on her side.

naveenraj jain (proprietor)     01 July 2015

In such case approach police station along and show the messages. Ask police to register a complaint and if they refuse to do so demand an written reply for refusing in registering the complaint. This can make you go one step in knowing the ways to punishing the culprit.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register