LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shrikant v. sathe (retired)     16 March 2013

Prosecution against ex-wife

I have taken an ex - party divorce from wife , the cause is adultery and mental cruelty, she is absconding and is living with her paramour  at some unknown place. Because of this act and the acts done in the past when she was my wife, the impact of her bad behavior created a bad effect on the mind of my children, and also ruined our social prestige. No one comes in our home or help us. My daughter's marriage  proposals are obstructed because of her mother's past behaviors. What remedy can we take for prosecuting her for our social loss occurred because of her. The loss is determined after years of living after divorce. I have taken divorce 5 years back. Please suggest the remedy for prosecution against her for loss done by her to me and to my children who are major and are living with me.

Learning

4 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     16 March 2013

1. Unfortunate social trauma for no apparent fault of a marriageable age daughter she is made to suffer.
2. Law Ministry as well as Hon’ble SC says it is done thing and has not come with any effective legislation.
3. Try to find sympathetic Son-In-Law / family and with trials and God stumble upon one finds a suitable match for children in given brief facts other than that no worthwhile legal remedy available.

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     16 March 2013

What criminal offence has been committed by you wife according to you?

Narcissistic Wives

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     16 March 2013

Legal solutions are not available for each and every sufferring of human life. Legally you cannot do anything against your ex wife now. Already you have divorced her five years back so it is better if you come out from the shadows of the past now, then only the world would reciprocate and change their attitude towards you and your family. Easier said than done they say but do try as there is no point in mourning again and again over the past happenings and loss. Such things are bound to make impact upon children but if you will be mentally and emotionally strong and cultivate a positive optimistic attitude towards life and stand  firmly behind your children then they will also be able to live life confidently and happily.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     17 March 2013

dont you feel you are lucky.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register