Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jaya (asst manager)     11 October 2012

Property rights

Hi

My Paternal Grandmom has written a registered will in favour of her grandsons, but she did not give any share to her granddaughters. Now she died, wont i get the share as that property should have come to my dad as legal heir, instead of  my brother. now i have a son.

U answered earlier that i am not having any right. I want to reaffrm that the property was self earned by my grandfather. Whether my son is also not having any right over that land property. If so, what can be done to get the equal share?

Whether my brother can give as a gift deed to me and my sister? If my father writes a will for me and my sister for his ancestral house, shall my brother can claim over it?

Please reply.

Learning

1 Replies

Adv.Bhagwan K Taur (Legal Advisor)     11 October 2012

Respected,

First be sure that the said property is self acquired property. You do not have any right over property which is already gifted to her grandsons. As grandmom  owned the said property be herself and she has gifted it to grandsons. Your father also do not have right to claim the said gifted property. And if in the said gift deed names of her grandsons are not mentioned then possibilites  for your son are there. And though you and your sister want to claim to fater his ancestral property, you wont..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register