Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Property not settled yet for heirs

Hello :)

I have few questions relating to the settlement of propert, which is in due to be done.

Brief

A society land was purchase by my Grand father in in 1960' in chennai, for which he has made a part payment only and was not registered on his name.....andd after few years he died. The land was not still registered on his name.

He has 11 children, of which 5 are boyz and 6 were girls. He has written a will, whcih says that all the property on his name belongs to his sons and for his daughters, he has made for their marraige.

At the time of death, this concerned society land property was not yet registered in his name, as there was payment pending.

At a later stage, one of the son, made the balance payment and asked to register the property on his name. Which the society officials have stated that, this property belongs to all the 11 children of the person who baught it, and it can be given to you and only if all the 11 children sign it, this property can be handed over to he family.

Until then for almost 25 to 30 years, the property stays, in the socity, untill all 11 people have to sign.

My question is

1.As per the governmet law, ammendment on property heritance, even though there is a will written on settling the property on son's name, it still not valid, and the property is equall to all children ( even though they are female ). IS THAT TRUE??

2. If the property is still in Society hands, which means that the property was not on the name of my grandfather by the time of his death. In that case, does the WILL which was written before his death, still valid on this property?

Thanks

Revathi

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register