Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SYED MAHABOOB PEER   19 February 2023

Proceedure for public interest litigation on suo-motu basis

Sir/s,

My request is for the procedure of filing the Writ of Mandamus as a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) on Suo Motu basis.   The proposed PIL (Suo Motu) pertains to a “glitch” in Rule 55 of Income Tax Rules, 1962; and misuse thereof by the Income Tax Authorities.    Since I was unable to trace out the Email ID of the Hon'ble Chief Justice of Andhra Pradesh on Website, I have submitted my request (mainly addressed to the Hon'ble Chief Justice of Andhra Pradesh) for a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) on Suo Motu basis to the Email ID of the Registrar General, APHC, Amaravathi.     Please let me know as to how could I know the "approval" or "rejection" of my "Request made for a PIL on Suo Motu".

Learning

3 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     20 February 2023

Consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for filing PIL, the High Court shall not take cognizance of such petition(s) till there is "some" public interest is proved / noticed by the judges (especially Chief / Senior Judges of the High Court).

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 February 2023

already being discussed at https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/proceedure-for-public-interest-litigation-228176.asp

SYED MAHABOOB PEER   20 February 2023

Sir, If the Judges (especially Chief / Senior Judges of the High Court) takes cognizance of "some" public interest is noticed in the Petition, what shall be the next course of action by the High Court? Do they seek any prior information/clarification from the subjected Department by sending the Petition so received? Please, clarify.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register