Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

DigitalFreak (None)     04 January 2012

Problematic tenant

Respected Lawyers,

We own an acestral land, an open area (240 sq. yards), which is part of our big really old current living house. This open area was rented out by my father 20 years ago without rental agreement for very minimal amount like few hundred rupees (Rs.400 to Rs1000 now pm over 20 years), where the current fair market price is in high thousands (Rs10000 easily) . All rental payments since then are made by cash only, no exchange of paper work.  The tenant ran multiple businessess like car repair shops etc., now he is sitting idle on the plot  and he is paying Rs1000 pm as rent but I need this plot to construct my own house and Iam really worried that might claim it under some act.

If asked by my father to vacate, the tenant now wants lump sum of 6 lakhs to leave. is there anything in law that can help us to avoid this huge re-payment to him? Will that any practically quicker with the current status of judicial system? Are there any loop holes / laws for or against us?

Please advice, 

Please reply, if you want to represent me

Thanks in advance... 

City: Vijayawada, AP

Learning

1 Replies

Nirmal Kumar Saha (Advocate)     04 January 2012

It is illegal to damand and accept salami for vacating the tenanted  premises. You may take recourse of law for evicting the tenant if you can prove the fact of demand salami.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register