LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dr T.A.Vasu (Retired Professor of surgery)     05 December 2010

probation

(Many years ago) While I was working as tutor (-duly completed probation in that post), I was appointed as Assistant  Professor by special recruitment. I could complete my probation in that post,( 2 years in continuous three years), in two years.

My seniors and juniors promoted to assistant professor regularly. All of them completed their probation in promoted post in one year.

By that time i have not completed 2 years, but definitely completed more than a year.  

Only because I was promoted (appointed by special recruitment being SC), I became junior to my juniors!

Is there any rule saying that I can have my probation declared in one year in the second post, just like promotees?(judgment, order, law or rule?)

Learning

5 Replies

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     05 December 2010

Dear Sir,

You are saying that "Only because I was promoted (appointed by special recruitment being SC),"

Is there some convincing evidence to support this allegation ? If so, it is a clear case of discrimination.

We can provide many rulings of Supreme Court for as well as  against your case. But it requires time !

Subject to other facts in  your case which you may not have disclosed or you may not be able to disclose, the question involved in your case is - whether there can be automatic confirmation after lapse of probation period ?

Regards,

- Team Tripathi

Kirti Kar Tripathi (lawyer)     05 December 2010

Dear Mr. Vasu, the appointment on probation means appointment of an employee against the permanent vacancy and for such appointment to watch the his performance for a specific period.  In case, he compleyed his probation period successfully, he acquires eligibility to be regularized on the post, but for that purpose a specking order of employers is required an employee cannot be get confirmation automatically after expiry of his probation period. Thus, you should be specific what was your probation period in your initial appointment and whether you were confirmed by a written order and when and what was probation period of your alleged juniors.  In case, you were confirmed after your alleged juniors you have no case. if would able to prove discrimination, certainly you have a good case.  

Dr T.A.Vasu (Retired Professor of surgery)     14 December 2010

Thank you Tripati and tripathi. of course, I have not disclosed it in full.

I will say my full case.

Person                  Date of joining Lecture  Date of probation in lecture

Name

Joining as tutor

Completion probation

Assistant Professor

Probation assistant professor

Next promotion

Associate professor

Me

22/3/86

21/3/86

22/11/91 to 2/6/93

(1yr 7 m)

Leave

26-4-2001 rejoined

25/4/2003

Qualified in 24/4 and promoted in 18/10/2006

Many

AL

3/3/94

2/3/96

4/5/98 to 4/5/99 (1yr 1 day)

Leave 2 years Rejoined 5/5/2001

3/5/98

5/5/2005

2 persons

6/9/98

5/9/97

16/12/2000

15/12/2001

2/1/2006

Now you know that my i year 6 month is lost. 

Kirti Kar Tripathi (lawyer)     14 December 2010

Mr Vasu From the table it is apparent you have a genuine case, you should take legal recourse.

ujasss@gmail.com (ujasss@gmail.com)     29 July 2011

Hi

I need your help on this topic related to 'Resignation during probation period'.

Please post your reply. It would be really kind of you.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=41440&offset=1

Regards,

Ujas

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register