LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dev (na)     12 September 2013

Probate of will

My father made a registered will in 2008 where he has mentioned 100% of his property (land/house) in my name and this was made without knowledge of my own younger sister(one) and mother also it was mentioned till my mother will be alive , she will stay at house and I will be taking care of her . In 2010 my father died . I would like to do probate now hence recently I intimated to my sister about this will and she is not ready to accept all above .
Would like to know whether she can do any legal steps which will obstruct to get the property in my name , if my mother and sister jointly create any problem . Can I submit the petition for probate or I have to obtain no objection from them - sis & mom . How fast i can get the property in my name .

Please share your views .

Learning

3 Replies

kotaruraghu (advocate)     14 September 2013

there is a supreme court judgement that any Will without mentioning the valid reasons for not executing the Will infavour of daughter and please check the Will once again contents of the Will, as there Will no resistance from execution point of view, but the question of validity will break out,  so it is better file a petition to probate for permanent solution.

kotaruraghu (advocate)     14 September 2013

there is a supreme court judgement that any Will without mentioning the valid reasons for not executing the Will infavour of daughter, the said Will is not valid and binding and please check the Will once again contents of the Will, as there Will no resistance from execution point of view, but the question of validity will break out,  so it is better file a petition to probate for permanent solution.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     20 September 2013

Once your father had made a registered will and in that he wants all his property in The name of your ,witnesses by two persons then there should be no problem in The execution.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register