LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manish Sharma (Legal adviser for land and revenue)     04 February 2015

Privileged will

I have already discussed this with esteemed members. My father being in Army had written a will  and he died while in service. We are requesting for transferring the self acquired property of my father in my mother's name by submitting the will which was release by Army HQ after my father's demise. To my utter surprise the government body has refused to accept the will. 

In the will my father has left all the property in my mother's name. Now we have written to Army HQ for details about privileged wills but we have not received any reply from them for the last three months.

Please advice, how it is possible for my father to get the will registered which was withe Army HQ. Any law stating the wills written by serving Army personnel is privileged will. Why the government office is not accepting the will which was released by Army HQ after my father's demise.

Please advice.

Manish

Learning

1 Replies

ROHIT SHARMA (Legal Advisor )     04 February 2015

1. The privileged Will was registered with the Army authorities hence it is legally valid for all purpose. It does not need any further registration or probate. If the Govt authorities are refusing then file a declaratory civil suit claiming to be the beneficiary of such privileged Will.

Adv. Rohit Sharma.

(M) - 0-9824047971.

E-mail : lawgate1349@gmail.com.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register