LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajesh (sales agent)     28 January 2011

PRE NUPTIAL

DOES A PRE NUPTIAL REALLY WORK  IN THE INDIAN COURTS.  EXAMPLE - A DOWRY HARRASMENT CASE.   

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Learning

6 Replies

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     28 January 2011

sometimes but only based on strong evidence

Jamai Of Law (propra)     28 January 2011

No.

Please elaborate your case. It's a new area in India.

Pre-nuptical agreements have many flaws and challengable (pre-nuptical in regards to dowry?? preposterous!!)

Bhaskar for SOCIAL JUSTICE (Legal & Social Activist)     29 January 2011

What if husband and wife give undertaking on stamp paper to each other before marriage that they will not have any movable or immovable assets of each other existing on the date of marriage or any other property bought on their strenght.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     29 January 2011

@ Author,

In my opinion other than what was discussed in above quoted / referred post I still say once the thinking in lowest Judiciary that Indian Marriage is not a institution goes the western way of marriage (pre-nuptial's and or consent form signage by girl before sxx ) etc. may end up in experimentation in general wherein some lower court in some nook corner of India will say Ayes and whereas some other popular lower Court in a metro City will say just the reverse.

Here broader picture what I actually mean is that when several of the lower Courts ignore binding principals as laid down by Hon'ble SC then what you expect, CHANGE in society.......................na ji abhi time lagega.....

I say welcome to the very same change and I am party to it willingly. I say Ayes to pre-nuptial 'contract' and let someone create a Pool and earn points :-)

Jamai Of Law (propra)     29 January 2011

Its a valuable advise by Adv Suchitra ji

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register