Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul (Analyst)     19 December 2011

Power of attorney - registration expiry?

Hi, I live abroad. I am thinking of giving a General Power of Attorney to my father in India. We will get it registered. Is there any time limit after which the registration needs to be renewed? Thank you in advance

Learning

6 Replies

Rajesh Hazra (Mediator and Legal Counsel )     19 December 2011

For registration you need to come to India and appear before the Registering Authority.

Rahul (Analyst)     19 December 2011

I am in India currently. I will give the GPOA to my father today and get it registered. Is the registration forever or the registration needs to be renewed after a certain number of years?

Kundan Kr. Singh (Advocate)     19 December 2011

Registration is for ever.No need to renew.

Devendra Singh (Legal Practise)     19 December 2011

there is no need of renewal once it is registered. its lifetime of a person who  has given the authority. when the person executing the authority is situated in foreign country it is to  be  affirmed before the consulate general situated in the said country.

christine joseph (Owner)     21 December 2011

Shumway Van & Hansen, Chtd. is a boutique regional firm with offices presently serving Nevada and Utah.  Due to the current state of the economy, the firm focuses primarily on litigation and alternative dispute resolution; however, due to the extensive transactional experience of the partners, we also offer those services as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Utah Lawyer

kvss.prabhakar rao (Advocate )     04 January 2012

Power of Attorney can be give for particular purposes. If such particular meant for has compleated the power atomatically terminated. Time limit is depends on your contratct or or it may permanently. the inidain law does not prescribe any  time limit for GPA.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register