Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sandy   06 April 2017

Police verification

HELLO SIR

two and half years ago I accidentally trespassed into a house in an INEBRIATED state. It was an accident and they were independent houses and all the houses look exactly the same. since I was drunk the people in the house, who were bachelors, thought i was an intruder and started beating me up until my friends came and intervened. everything was calm and cool but i lost my cool and i went against the inhabitants of the house for beating me (i just shouted at them and i asked them to lodge a police complaint ; yeah, i know, it is my stupidity) so they lodged a complaint with the police. the police took me to the police station and scolded me for being so irresponsible. after that i don't know what happened the inhabitants wrote something on a paper and i was asked to pay a fine of 1500 in the court. i was sent after spending around 1 hr in the police station and the next day i went to the court and paid the fine. the police there assured me that it was a petty case and nothing to worry at all and thy advised me not to mention it anywhere

currently am not working and am preparing for government competitive exams and the incident happened in chennai and now i live in hyderabad. The police station which took me in was also not the place i used to live while i was in chennai and it doesn\\\'t come under our jurisdiction

sir my question is I don't know if there was an FIR and i dont knw want sections were slapped against me..but let us assume there was one, so If I were to get selected in a government job or any other job for that matter, will this case jeopardize my career and my life? will i be treated as a criminal equivalent to a person who is sent to jail??? am hardly able to concentrate on my preparation..do i need to mention this anywhere during self declaration questions like" HAVE YOU EVER BEEN CONVICTED BY A COURT OF LAW"? OR "HAVE YOU PAID ANY FINE?"

and this is what happened in the court..i paid the fine in the morning itself to a constable in the court but i was forced to wait till the evening just like that and someone in civil clothes came, me and a few other ppl were made to stand in line..tht person saw us and asked us to go thats all.. i didn't face any judge or any lawyer...

Kindly help me..thank you

Learning

15 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 April 2017

Isn't it same query:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Police-verification-142719.asp

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Urgent-Police-Verification--142796.asp

sandy   06 April 2017

yes..but i did add some extra questions and i added some relevant details..

"HAVE YOU PAID ANY FINE?"

Don't conceal anythng.

sandy   06 April 2017

I did pay the fine ..i already stated that in my question....

my query is i didnt face any judge or lawyer...i just paid the fine and was verified by a man(whom i have no idea about) and was sent away..thats all...

the police had asked me to pay the fine of 1500 in the court...so does it mean am fined by the court or fined by the police?

and i dont think there was an FIR as it was not a congizable offence, so since police check only for criminal records, will this issue surfcae during the verification?

and sorry it's not "HAVE YOU PAID ANY FINE"...its "HAVE YOU EVER BEEN FINED BY THE COURT OF LAW"

"HAVE YOU PAID ANY FINE?"

Don't conceal anything in any document in which such question is asked.

Noted that you were asked to pay fine in court and you paid.

sandy   06 April 2017

OK SIR..THANK YOU..so if i state it will it affect my career in any way?

It has already been answered in previous queries/threads.

Courts may provide relief, later.

In case you conceal it can be exploited against you.

Better consut a very able counsel specializing in Labor/service matters at your location in person.

sandy   06 April 2017

ok..thank you very much for you response..:)

You are welcome.

You have been provided with citations also in your previous threads.

Government servant is deemed to be civilised and have impeccable conduct.

sandy   06 April 2017

everybody makes mistakes..and that was just my first time and will be the last....so i hope i wont be bothered much with is issue..

Citations provided to you and that your own counsel can provide can address your concerns.

sandy   06 April 2017

everybody does mistakes..no matter how big position he is in.and i was young at that time...it was my first mistake and will be the last..i ve learnt my lesson..i hope it wont affect my career thats all.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     07 April 2017

Even if you govt got job still it is for you to be know that the behaviour descirbed by you if repeated in service amounts to professional misconduct of govt servant.

sandy   07 April 2017

I agree sir....as stated earlier it was my first and will be the last....

generally speaking, i've got a few friends who have been appointed as IAS and IRS officers recently...and they have done fair bit of ruckus in my college by drinking, smoking etc etc..including some girls...they had been caught by the college officials and had been fined...everyone does some mischievous things in that age...

Now thy are very responsible...becoz thy know what position thy are in now....and so will i, if i were to get selected in any govt job

thanks for your response...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register