LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ronnie (network engineer)     17 January 2011

police not allowing legal aid from court

My friends had fight with other groups. Now there are cross FIR. My friends cant efford lawyer. So we ask for legal aid from court. But police told us that they will not represent my friends to court until he take laywer on his own expense. My friends is at police station internal jail. Until police represent him to court how we can ask for legal aid from court.

pls pls gude us.

Learning

4 Replies

DEEPAK ASSOCIATES (08010117611)     17 January 2011

The Police cannot detain any person beyond 24 hurs. Upon appearance in court you can request for legal aid, if comes within the purview of criteria of State Govt, it is the duty of the court to provide the legal aid and it is also a constitutional rights of accused person 

ronnie (network engineer)     18 January 2011

you told me that police cant detain any person for more than 24 hours. But it is after registering Official FIR. But they detained my friends but yet not registered official FIR than what we can do.

ronnie (network engineer)     18 January 2011

Originally posted by :ronnie
"

My friends had fight with other groups. Now there are cross FIR. My friends cant efford lawyer. So we ask for legal aid from court. But police told us that they will not represent my friends to court until he take laywer on his own expense. My friends is at police station internal jail. Until police represent him to court how we can ask for legal aid from court.

pls pls gude us.

police cant detain any person for more than 24 hours. But it is after registering Official FIR. But they detained my friends but yet not registered official FIR than what we can do. I think police are bribed by opposite so police dont want to represent my friend to court and asking for his lawyer. actually police dont want that my friend register FIR against opposite gang and police want to do settlment / samadhan. Opposite gang attacked with sticks and pipes soo they dont want that FIR registered against them.

"

(Guest)

Dear Mr Ronnie as you said that police has not yet register FIR... it amounts to illegal detention... immediately file Habeous Corpus Writ Petition before high court to release your friend from the illegal detention of police.....

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register