Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jayp   28 August 2016

Plz review will format and few queries on asset details

Request experienced lawyers to review to Will format in link given below:

https://app.box.com/s/furt13b6nsboer09h9hw4sokvmbnbq3j

Also, I would be grateful if someone can clarify on below mentioned queries:

(1) As I stay in rented accomodation, I keep changing flats frequently.  In such circumstances, do I need to keep changing the Will as "currently residing" address will change?

(2) I have been going through various formats of Wills online and many of them stress mentioning details of various assets held by Testator. Now financial assests like shares, mutual funds, etc keep changing. Also with people changing so many jobs even bank accounts keep changing.

In such a situation one has to keep changing the Will and I think its highly inconvenient.

(3) I have an ancestral agricultural land in name of my father.  I have 1 brother and 1 sister.  How can I mention details of this asset such that my wife gets my share in this ancestral land?  If I die without mentioning anything of this land in my Will than will my wife get my share by default?

Thanks for any help.

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 August 2016

The format is clear on current estate and estate if any acuired in future.

It is believed that your father and you are hindu.

In case a Hindu male dies without leaving a valid WILL and disposing his estate in his liefe time then his estate/share in estate devolves upon his ClassI legla heirs i.e;

Mother, Spouse, sons and daughters.

If you dipsoe your share in ancestral estate and self acquired/earned property by a valid WILL to your wife then shae alone shall succeed to get your estate.

Let your own able counsel draft your WILL.

There are many threads on similar query at LCI that you can search in 'Search' option e.g;

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Will-execution-141412.asp

jayp   31 August 2016

Thankyou Doabji for your inputs.

I read somewhere that I should mention assets owned by me only and if I mention my ancenstral assets than the Will be considered null and void.  

Any inputs?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     31 August 2016

As already posted; 

Let your own able counsel draft your WILL.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register