LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashu (GM)     07 May 2013

Pls give some advice

Hi All, i went to police station....on the said date and first the police asked my wife to speak and she started her drama.....told all bad things abt me and also my behaviour and that i am demanding money from her....for silly reasons and i am not taking care of her....and i am treating her badly in the house and also not taking caare of her needs.....so she left the house and she did not come becoz i dont call her and asked her to join me.......anad after all this.....i was asked to deciede waht i want to do...i told that i dont want her.....and the police is asking why you dont want her.......i said i just moved on...then the police says go to court and dont tortoure her anymore.....my wife is not willing for divorce and she will fight the case it seems....on top if it she says she has resigned from her job....so she wants the money which i took from her.... please tell me what i shud do? my next date is on 9th to appear in the police station for one more round it seems. the police postponed the thing that day. What shoud i do? my lawyer says fiel for divorce and also applu for AB. IS it the correct time ? how to convicne her for mutual diovrce.

Learning

3 Replies

Vishal Kumar (Asst. manager)     07 May 2013

Your lawyer is absolutely right. File a divorce petition and apply for AB immediately on the basis of the case filed by your wife. Pay some money to the person who sends the summon and ask him to hold it for sometime. It is very much possible.

In the meanwhile buy time from mahila thana. Either you don't appear for the next meeting saying you are sick or if you appear then tell them to give you another date and you will give it another thought to it. Do not give any written satement on the second day as it may hamper in getting AB. If you apply for divorce after the FIR has been filed against you then it will be quashed on the basis of retaliation from your side againt her FIR. While proceedings in mahila thana is on ask the elder members of your family to approach her for MCD which is the best way. Also start collecting the evidence about her past job and her qualification which will help you to reduce the maintenance amount if she ask for the same.

Vishal Kumar (Asst. manager)     07 May 2013

Your lawyer is absolutely right. File a divorce petition and apply for AB immediately on the basis of the case filed by your wife. Pay some money to the person who sends the summon and ask him to hold it for sometime. It is very much possible. I am asking you to hold it as there is a possibility of MCD. There are possibilities that your wife just wants to threaten you via police and any such legal action from your side might provoke her to file no. of cases against you.

In the meanwhile buy time from mahila thana. Either you don't appear for the next meeting saying you are sick or if you appear then tell them to give you another date and you will give it another thought to it. Do not give any written satement on the second day as it may hamper in getting AB. If you apply for divorce after the FIR has been filed against you then it will be quashed on the basis of retaliation from your side againt her FIR. While proceedings in mahila thana is on ask the elder members of your family to approach her for MCD which is the best way. Also start collecting the evidence about her past job and her qualification which will help you to reduce the maintenance amount if she ask for the same.

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     07 May 2013

Your Advocate has given the right advice.  File for contested divorce, in the meanwhile, if she accepts for MCD you can convert contested divorce into MCD.  AB will help preventing embarrassment to you and your family members.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register