LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jeyabalan62 (engineer)     14 September 2013

Plot number mentioned wrong

Sir,I purchased a plot from my sister in law bearing plot no 44A in 2006..But recently I observed instead of 44A it is mentioned as 44 in the registration document,which is the adjacent plot and EC  also comes on my name for plot 44.please let me know what is the correct way to rectify it in the records of the Registration Authority so that I can get the changes made and get EC for my plot 44A. Some say reregistration which will be around 4,00,000/ and everyone gives a different advice.Please advise me in this problem.

Learning

6 Replies

Adv. Nikhil Seth (legal consultant (9867264707))     14 September 2013

Through rectification deed you can make necessary amendments.

Mention proper details about property and take consent from your sister and registered rectification deed.

Regards,

Adv.NIKHIL SETH

Mumbai 

shanmugam lakshmanan (senior)     16 September 2013

This is nothing but a clerical mistake. It can be corrected by rectification deed.  However you will have pay the differential stamd duty as on the date of resitration of rectification deed. So, you do it at once. Delay may cause unnecessary financial burden

VIRAJ KADAM (Advocate Supreme Court of India)     16 September 2013

Dear Friend

Rectification Deed is the only solution to you. Get it registered and annexed it with your earlier document.

Regards

VIRAJ KADAM

Advocate

jeyabalan62 (engineer)     24 September 2013

Thank you so much.But as per Madras high court order P.Utham raj vs District Registrar in 2010 verdict,section 47-A cannot be applied for revised land value as the area and boundries are not altered. Any other information in this regard if you have can make the things easier.Please respond.Thanks once again.

Thank you so much.But as per Madras high court order P.Utham raj vs District Registrar in 2010 verdict,section 47-A cannot be applied for revised land value as the area and boundries are not altered. Any other information in this regard if you have can make the things easier.Please respond.Thanks once again.

I read an article in Economics times that a ractification deed has to be made on Rs 100/ stamp paper ,signed by all the original signatories.Is it the procedure? can the state government change the rule of rectification deed procedure after a court verdict has been already given against the collection of the difference of stampduty as per the increased land value? I am grateful for the suggestions by the learned advocates.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register