Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aruna12345 (aa)     10 October 2012

Please advise !

HI ,

Its 7 year I and My strange husband married in Delhi with Hindu ritual , Marrige register and have marriage .

The we moved to UK. As My husband is UK citizen . I have permanent stamp on my passport ,however I am  carrying Indian Passport .

My marriage is on end .I have 7 year old kid .

We being separated since one year , as he used to abuse me and kid .

Now he filled Divorce and property consent .and on property consent he don’t have wish to give anything to me

My question is –

I married in India . My all stuffs which came from my parents side , Money which given to them and all expenditure what My family spent for marriage is in India with my Inlaws .

The jewellery when gifted by my inlaws and my family is with them and with my husband , He never returned me back .

They took all.

I am doing job here and taking care of my kid all alone .

He doesn’t give me any maintainance , He don’t work since long time . However he have property which rent income coming to him every month .

Apart of this he have property on Dubai . Some of the money I contributed .

He taken and finished all my money . I am just serviewing now just due to job .

My question is , He applied for Divorce here in UK . How I need to do so that My rights as india and as a hindu marriage act will be safe . and What else I can get and apply . I am in UK. But My family is in India .

I can come once to apply .but I need to go back to UK as My kid school and my job is here .

Please advise .

Some where I heard that we can challenge this Divorce as our marriage was as a hindu act marriage .

Please suggest me .I will be thankfull to all of you

Learning

2 Replies

Waren Siegel (Independent Lawyer)     11 October 2012

Rightly put by Advocate Davessar.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register