Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

DharmeshShah (Self Employed)     17 June 2012

Pl.help:elder brother & mom under threat of 498 by blackmail

Dear Experts,

This comes directly from a sister's heart, who has witnessed her elder brother and my old mother going through worst phase of their life and unbearable mental trauma given by abusive and unfaithful SIL (Bhabi) who's having illicit relations with other person. She is now not staying with them, citing different silly exsuses.                     Brother lives in Mumbai and SIL maika is in Kolkata. I am married and living in Gujarat.

We heard that she has filed false complain in her hometown, on false grounds of dowry and mental harassment . Knowing that my brother is alone with my mom who is a patient , SIL and her parents are constantly blackmailing and threatening my brother for DV and money .

Expecting false 498a and DV i would request help of forum experts to suggest:

1.  Can we apply for anticipatory bail for my brother and old mother , BEFORE any complain is REGISTERED against my brother and old mom? What is transit bail and whether we can apply, i heard from local advocate that for getting transit bail Complain no.is required , is it true?

2. Should we file divorce petition first ? If yes, should it be on Dissolution of marriage or Normal Divorce on grounds of cruelty ? (we have proof of willful hiding few facts before marriage by bhabi and her parents and she intentionally destroying proofs of her illicit relations) , she also regularily blackmailed my elder brother to keep shut or she'll commit suicide and that she has already written a suicide note blaming every1 in our family

I am very much worried for my innocent brother and old mother against the mean intentions of this treacherous lady and her greedy parents . The combined wisdom from forum experts would give us right directions.

Learning

6 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     17 June 2012

Dear Payal, 

This is how you proceed :

1. First you intimate the concerned authorities of Mumbai/Kolkata - as to the exact state of affairs with relevant laws and judgments + make sure SIL does not know about this. 

2. If a complaint is there - AB is possible you in all probability would get notice bail before registration of FIR. Transit bail can be got from Mumbai only even if offence is registered in Kolkata. 

3. Go in for a Divorce on such grounds.

Feel free to talk !

Dear Bharat Sir,

Thank you for your reply.

2. If a complaint is there - AB is possible you in all probability would get notice bail before registration of FIR. Transit bail can be got from Mumbai only even if offence is registered in Kolkata.

Can we go for AB from Mumbai ? How much time will it take and how much would it cost. The local advocate here suggested to get transit bail, but i feel that is a temporary support.  Pleas Pl  

(Pl.noteCan my innocent brother and old mom, be arrested by DV or 498 complain , even if they get anticipatory bail.? They both are very simple and my mom is a heart patient,she would not be able to bear this and i do not want my brother to be all alone.  

(Please note that offence has not been registered, at present complain or meeting for councilling is registered by SIL,later she plans DV case)

3. Going for divorce : should the divorce filed on dissolution of marriage or filed a divorce on grounds of cruelty ?

(Guest)
Dear, my wife name is payal. Yesterday at 05:00pm my wife fighted, i got injury by knife in fingure and neck, my MIL is mastermind in this, my BIL Slapped thrice, they even with neighbours threated to go women cell and to arrest me. They are washing the mind of my wife. Wife is also in love with a boy(i know him and met personally) and dosnt like me, As there was no peace is possible so i went police stn and told full story same as ur. They didnot lodge FIR, i given written application there stating all facts. In evening my train was there so i came back on duty. They told that when other party will come then that will be attached and it will help. I hate My MIL and wife now as making drama. Good luck

Rajeev Kumar Gupta (Lawyer with 24 years Experience..)     17 June 2012

ur brother can file AB in bombay and can also obtain transit bail..

Sirs,

I am confused about Anticipatory Bail , Notice Bail and Transit Bail.

For transit bail, local advocate here said it is not possible to get transit bail if complain is not filed.You would require complain number at least to file for transit bail.

Which type of bail should i go for my brother and old mother , considering that request had been lodged with SIL maika and complain is not yet registered , but we are very sure she'll try to register an offence against my brother and mom.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register