LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jaslok Gandhi (g)     04 August 2011

Pl guide !

I have filed a case for divorce in Mumbai Family Court.

My wife has filed a case under CRPC 125 in Ahmedabad Family Court.

My lawyer at Ahmedabad is asking me to provide the papers filed in Mumbai Family court, saying that we need to present it to Ahmedabad Family court.

I dont understand why does he need Mumbai Family court papers ! Since my case in Mumbai is on the verge of ex-parte (due to non appearance of my wife) I am reluctant to give the papers to him.

Learning

4 Replies

pl advise me sumone

pl advise me sumone

Aishwarya (Teacher)     04 August 2011

i guess there could be chances of mistrust when it comes to lawyers in other state iin the territory of the opposite party..

Sanjay (Genl Manager)     10 August 2011

dear boss,

please tread carrefully. You may need to check the real intent of the requirement of the documents. As mentioned by Ms. aishwarya above, the mistrust could be the reason. Ask him direclty the reason and ask him to be specific. Also get in touch with another lawyer and ask them the same question, if this is really needed. Unless the advocate at ahmedabad is strongly requesting to strenghten your case, my suggestion is not to give at this time of the case. Please convince yourself also that this would not allow the main points of mumbai case to be used aagainst you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register