Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Robin Sharma   07 September 2015

Physical assault, insult and misbehave by bank employee

Dear Sir,

I was physically assaulted, misbehaved, insulted and defamed by a private sector bank employee inside the bank premises during working hours. I informed the police and lodged a complaint, but when that employee apologised and I was also presurized by the police, I withdrew my complaint. Can you please guide me that

1. Whether I can ask for compensation from bank for the abuse and misbehavior?

2. Whether I can approach consumer court as it is the shear case of deficiency in services?

3. Whether bank is liable to pay compensation as the employee was representing the bank only?

Kindly advise

Learning

6 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 September 2015

You had a meritorious opportunity to snub a bank and banker and should have avoided withdrawing the complaint.

You should have demanded the CCTV footage thru police and court and even RTI thru RBI.

You can even now drill sense into the heads.

Approach an able lawyer!

Krishna Murthy Pasupula (High Court Advocate )     07 September 2015

1. When a person request for forgiveness –please forgive him as a human being
  2. There is no such compensation from bank for the abuse and misbehavior of the employee
  3. Yes you can always approach the consumer court ,if it is a deficiency in services
  4. You said that you has withdrawn the complaint by force of the police , the same can complain to their higher police authorities

Krishna Murthy Pasupula  :: Advocate- Hyderabad ::  pasupulaw@gmail.com

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 September 2015

RBI has arranged and published lectures for bank’s not to be rude with customers.

Such banks and bankers are not fit to be left to loose around in a civilized society.

If you handle the matter deftly thru an able lawyer you can still reduce an arrogant bank and banker from atleast your location/locality, and collect compensation as well.

jyotirmaya behera (advocate)     07 September 2015

Krishna Murthy Pasupula is right

advocatepassy@gmail.com 971794 (Advocate)     09 September 2015

Mr Robin Sharma,

For consumer case, you have to prove deficiency in service. If you have accepted apology and withdrawn the case, please try to forget it

(Guest)

physical assaut is NO way accepatable in anyway especially wtih a customer .. you could forgive him as a human being but do it at the cost of  your own self respect...escalate this matter to the level of RBI and few followup RTIs and ensure he never gets to work in any banking sector...let the banks  be free of rogues by your act.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register