LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gill   31 May 2015

Petition for new law

I think its time we should get new laws about ancestral properties so how can you do that? How can you put in a petition?

I don't like how you can't get your share of the ancesteral land where your own father is being unfair to all his kids so I think government should put some kind of age limit on these old people so if they don't die then land should automatically go to the other heirs. I know I sound mean but nobody really sees what some of these oldies are upto? So for example, I have always been a great kid and I have always helped my father with everything. I trusted him and respected him like God but what did he do to me? He has an affair with my sister in law so he's giving away all the rental money to her and I can't do anything about it because ancestral property is under his name and we are talking about lakhs here and if you count the last decade then its more than 2 crores that he has given to her plus he sold this other property and gave 50 lakh to her too..Its not even his property, its ancesteral which he got at such a young age because my grandfather died even before I was born. Now, he's spending it on his mistress. I wouldn't mind if he was using it for some great purpose but i feel so helpless so I really think we need new laws because this old guy is really going out of control these days. 

I know there are so many other people who are sick of the way their own parents are treating them unfairly and giving away their share to their siblings. So, I really think government should change some of these laws and put a restriction on old people like my father who take undue advantage of this property law where you don't get your ancesteral land while you father is alive. Who knows when he would die (sounds mean and rude but my father totally deserves it)

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 June 2015

If it was ancestral property, you will be having a legitimate right to a share n that, hence you may file a partition sit claiming your share in it. Consult your lawyer for further details. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register