LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rathin (Manager)     17 December 2010

Personal Loan Demand legal Notice

Dear Experts, I have an short term personal loan. Two days back i got a demand notice stating that i have to deposited Rs 1,08,000 within in 7days time. But Iam not in a position to pay that amount.My principal amount is rs 40,000.I contact bank person which is maintion in the notice but the person is not willing for negociation. Now what should i do in this moment. What kind of action Bank can take aganist me. what is the remides for me. Pls help me

Learning

4 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     17 December 2010

Verify the calculation of interest amount for the default period, and if it is correct you will have to pay it. At the most you can pay a part amount and plead for extension of time oimit to repay.

s k s k sarma (advocate)     18 December 2010

you have every right ask  the bank manger how the bank  arrived the figure and you can ask for settle the matter under one time settlement scheme. if the bank manger failed to explain properly you can appraoch higher officially or you can remit the amount according to you is right figure and then demand for closer certificate by addressing cover letter.

Vishal K Singh VY (Special Duty Officer)     19 December 2010

If you are certain about your credentials ..

Reach Reserve Bank's Banking Ombudsman ..

You can even file a Complain  online . Reach RBI's web site:

www.rbi.org.in

if not satisfied by Banking Ombudsman's judgement you can reach civil courts for resolution ..

All the Best ..

JT Rajasuriya, Chennai (Advocate 98410 53790)     26 December 2010

Don't worry. Usually banks adopt this technique of threatening with legal action.

Of course court will ask you to pay if you are liable - but you can expect a reasonable amount of time for repayment.

If you default, bank will file money suit.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register