Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajendran R (Retired teacher)     17 July 2014

Patta- name deletion

Dear Sir,

My grandfather (my father’s father) had two children -a daughter and a son. One is my father and the other is my aunt(my father’s sister). My aunt had got married around in 1955 itself and left us  and been living with her husband  till her death on 1996. My grandfather had died in July 1975 itself. He had left a property of land 4 acres. He had not written any document on my aunt’s name sothat her heirs to claim for the land property. After my grandfather’s death, my father only has been possessing and looking after the land till date by paying all necessary taxes concerned with the land on my father’s name. By mistake my aunt’s name was entered into A-register(UDR)  of the land around 1976 after my grandfather’s death and it has not been  deleted  from the register sofar. But PATTA has been given on my father’s name only wherever survey was made due to possession of it by my father.

My request is how to delete my aunt’s name from the A-register. Should I have to move through the court of law? Kindly advise me to solve the problem.

Rajendran.

Learning

3 Replies

K. GOPALAKRISHNAN (ADVOCATE)     17 July 2014

Dear Rajendran,

You are advised to apply before Tahsildhar for deleting the name of your aunt from the A-Register.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 July 2014

Though you are seeking opinion to delet the name of your aunt from the A register held by the Tahsildar office, you have not realised that your aunt has an equal share in your grandfather's property.  This is not an ancestral property that your aunt who was married before the commencement of the amendment act hence not entitled to a share in the ancestral property.  She has a legitimate share in the property and her legal heirs can claim for their mother's share in the property even now, therefore it is advised not to venture into any such idea of deleting her name from the register which will unnecessary create problems for you.

S K KARNjhc (Legal Adviser)     23 July 2014

I do agree with Adv Kalaiselvan Sir.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register