Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aniket (APM)     30 June 2010

Passport Application withdrawal

Hi,

My wife (ANVI DESHPANDE) had applied for passport from Nagpur office in 2009 August. We had applied from Nagpur since her name was on ration card taken from Amravati (Under Nagpur jurisdiction), howevr we stay in Pune. I know this was a blunder. We had police inquiry in October 2009, after which the report was given to passport office in Nagpur that my wife does not stay in Amravati. Almost 5 months later, we got to know from Passport office that they had returned application to Amravati Commissinar office for reverification. 2nd inquiry was also conducted on April 18th. This time also same report went to passport office stating that my wife does not stay there. The passport application status is shows on site https://passportstatus.nic.in/passmain.php?city=ngp as "Application has been transferred to policy section, Please See the PRO". I doubt if this will be rejected.

Agreed that this was misate, we would like to correct it. Can anyone help us to know what can be done in such case? Can we withdraw application from Nagpur and apply in Pune? If yes, what care should be taken for it? Will there be any penalties we need to pay for withdrawing the application and what is the procedure for it?

Thanks

Aniket Deshpande

(posting on behalf of my wife Anvi Deshpande)

Learning

1 Replies

sh chatt (agm)     19 September 2010

You need to inform them about your recent most place of residence. The varification is done only to check criminal records. The number of places you stayed in that period will all be varified. thats all. or ese you may put a fresh application at pune. Since you have done no criminal offence you need not worry. you can apply for tatkal basis also which will be issued with in 7 days, if you want.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register