LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Santosh Kumar   28 February 2024

Partition of ancestral property

Sir I Santosh Kumar s/o Sri mukharam Singh, my father was adopted by my grandfather those did not had any issue, grand father was  one more brother those had three sons and three daughters, outof three sons, one is my father, my father was adopted by my grandfather without adoption deed but several evidence documents we have those proof the father's name of my father so please guide me can I file partition suit for my  half share of land . My father has purchased some properties in that sale deed my father name s/o adopted grand father name is written can I proof as evidence of adoption,  many more documents like in aadhar card, pan card, ration card and in land revenue receipt we have. Can I demand half share in ansestral property 

Thanks and regards

Mr Santosh Kumar 

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 February 2024

If your father was recognised or established as the legally adopted son to your grandfather  after that he can inherit the properties from his adoptive father as his share if the adoptive father is reported to have died intestate.

If they are ancestral properties then you along with other siblings can claim one share out of your father's share in the inherited ancestral property

Santosh Kumar   29 February 2024

Originally posted by : T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate

If your father was recognised or established as the legally adopted son to your grandfather  after that he can inherit the properties from his adoptive father as his share if the adoptive father is reported to have died intestate.If they are ancestral properties then you along with other siblings can claim one share out of your father's share in the inherited ancestral property

Attached File : 1030372 20240229191011 img 20240229 190700.jpg downloaded: 33 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register