Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Victimof498a (Learner)     24 October 2011

Partial success in 498a

Dear Friends

Today was the judgement day for my 498a case. After almost 4 years, i got the judgement partially. My parents and Sister were released free and i was convicted for 2 years simple imprisonment and 3K fine.

The strange part was the judge's statement " if i take her back home, i will be set free it seems" . As i didn't agree for that i am convicted and got the bail after paying 3K fine and giving a bond for 25K.

When asked my counsel he says that because of some pressure he would have given that judgement , we can appeal to the fast track court or district sessions court and can be through within 6 months.

Dear Friends

I filed the revision petitions(under sec 389 and 391 with all the originals attached with my IA) in the district sessions court within 30 days of the judgment.Now the case got registered in the district court and the case has been referred to the Fast Track court.

In the fast track court the judge has ordered that 1. Petition is allowed. 2. the order of sentence of conviction for 2 years simple imprisonment which was announced by additional Senior Civil judge and JMFC hereby suspended till the disposal of this appeal under the condition that i have to take bail by submitting Rs 10K Bond.

I got bail from the additional Senior Civil judge and JMFC and now the FTC has called for records from the additional Senior Civil judge and JMFC, from now on the case will happen in FTC.

I want to know from all of you that how long will this take in FTC to get the case solved and what are the stages involved in FTC.

Regards
Victimof498

Learning

4 Replies

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     25 October 2011

God only knows.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Victimof498a (Learner)     22 November 2011

As i am working in a private firm, what will be the implications at my work place if she sends mails and letters about this false conviction to my employer's.

Can i defend or they have the right to terminate me from job( Till date i have never been arrested nor sent to jail for a second) this is a private case.

Please suggest me about this/

rajiv_lodha (zz)     22 November 2011

Pvt Company will throw such a letter in trash; if they need u & r otherwise satisfied wid ur work, NOTHING ELSE.

Meaanwhile, it wil creat a good ground for u to prove CRUELTY while in divorce proceedings & a nice pitch 4 DEFAMATION MATCH

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     23 November 2011

As long as the case is under appeal and the sentence is suspended you are safe.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register