Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raman (Technical)     22 September 2015

Partial occupancy certificate

Dear All,

I had purchased one flat in Kolkata. (specifically in Newtown, NKDA). Builder handed over the flat to me and when I specifically asked for the Occupancy Certificate, after some delay they did provided me a copy of the same. I found that it was a Partial Occupancy Certificate from the authority only meant for the block where my flat belongs to. Now I also noticed that it was written in that Certificate that the validity of the certificate would remain valid till 15-Sep-2015. It was also mentioned in that letter that the builder should get the permanent one before the expiry of the partial one. Meanwhile I have registered the Deed in my favour and also took over the possession. Now when I wrote to the builder and as usual they are not responding to me.

I need help to understand whether in Kolkata Occupancy Certificate is mandatory to have? Is it now illegal if I continue to occupy the said flat as the validity of the Partial Occupancy Certificate has laready expired? Can I ask the builder to submit me the revalidated copy and take legal action against them for non-compliance and unfair trade practices? Please suggest what best I can do here.

Thanking you.

Learning

1 Replies

Raman (Technical)     24 September 2015

Please let me know if I am at wrong forum, though I don't think so. Please help me understand the rules related to Occupancy certificate in Kolkata and what I can do in the above scenario where the Partial Occupancy Certificate has expired.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register