LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar Kumar (owner)     10 August 2015

Pagdi tenants who dont stay in the rented place

Sir I am Landlord. I have pagdi tenants . There are 3 to 4 flats where the families have shifted to better buildings but still kept my flats in their possession. They keep it locked and just come once or twice a month just to show or prove that they are staying. 

By grace of GOD they are no well to do financially but still they want to take benefit once redevelopment happens. My problem is that with rent as low as 300 per month, the time and effort to collect money is itself more than what I receive. They also always delay in paying. 

Now property tax is paid and to recover from each one is a big headache.

Please advise on 2 things

1) How can i take back flats where people are not staying

2) How can i collect money in advance for property tax I have to pay. 

Believe me sir with 19 tenants, I have to pay 75000 as tax and then go house to house collecting money as if I am borrowing money. They are so shameless that they pay even that in instalments. I require advise on how I can make them realise this and ensure they have some fear of penalty

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 August 2015

Issue the tenants a legal notice quoting the said irregularities and ask them to vacate by giving them notice period to vacate the same or to comply with the statutory obligations namely property tax etc. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register