Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajeshraj (business)     18 January 2014

Original documents lost

hi,

my friend has 10 acres of cultivated land.it was registered  by his father.but his father was expired recently,after few days he came to know that the mother documents of that land was lost.he found xerox copies of those documents.he wants to sell that land and now what is the procedure that he has to follow to get the original documents?...is there any problem to sell with out original documents?...in future is there any further problem to the buyer ?. ...what steps has to taken for smooth deal?...please anybody  help me with this

thanking you

rajesraj

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)

First with the help of xerox obtain the copy of documents and encumberrance certificate for 25 years from the Registrar Office.Then give a police complaint and take a FIR from them.Then issue a public notice regarding lost documents in news paper thro' an advocate.With the help of the advocate file a declaration suit in the court.Once it is done the court will endorse the copy of documents obtained from Registrar office with the Court Seal.Then on wards the court endorsed documents would be considered as originals.Entire process could be completed in 30 days. consult a good lawyer.

thank you for your valuable information,after getting those documents from the court ,is there any problem while selling the property?....is that documents are sufficient for sale? 

(Guest)

Buyer should be happy with it since nothing would have been left to the best of my knowledge and the Encumberrance Certificate for 25 years would prove that property is with clear title

thank u so much for your reply

(Guest)

You are welcome.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register