LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Maxie Monteiro   31 July 2023

Open balconies

Is the society or the members themselves, are responsible to maintain their open balconies ? Can a member enclose the balcony without permission ? Thank you

Learning

10 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     01 August 2023

Legally no member can cover the balcony in a society

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     01 August 2023

Yes, legally  no any member can cover balcony.

Maxie Monteiro   01 August 2023

who is teneble for the open balcony ? Society or individual members.

Thank you.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     01 August 2023

As per the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) rules, the enclosure of balconies in residential societies is generally not allowed without obtaining prior approval from the concerned authorities. 

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     01 August 2023

Everybody should maintain the structure without any alteration.Else, it is violation of rules.

P. Venu (Advocate)     01 August 2023

What are the facts? What is the context?

Sudhir Kumar   02 August 2023

What is the problem being faced by you

Maxie Monteiro   02 August 2023

Sir, Greetings of the day. Thank you for asking me the context. I appreciate it very much.

Our 47 year old building is located in Mumbai. All balconies are enclosed without permission from relevant authorities except one which is open. This upkeep of this members balcony so far was taken care of by the society as it was not enclosed. 

We are undertaking repairs to one section of the balconies out of 4 sections of the same building. The person who has the open balcony does not want to contribute to the repairs as the society was taking care of their balcony all along while the other enclosed balconies were taken care by the individual members.

I would be happy to answer any further questions if you have . Thank you.

Sanjana Mohanty   02 August 2023

The society's regulations state that no member is allowed to cover the balcony legally.

(Guest)

Please stay away from Lexatrade. One really need to be careful of what the do online. 

I was a victim to Lexatrade they made me lose all my funds and I was blocked by them and I was unable to reach them on Skype but I was unable. But am glad I took the risk of working with mr Jeff silbert after I have hear so may review about him. 

He though me a lot and with his guidance I was able to recover my funds which I lost to Lexatrade. I can’t thank you enough Jeff buy saving me from worst mistake is something I will forever be grateful of.  

I highly recommend anyone in help on how to get your funds recovery reach his 

Email jeffsilbert39@gmail.com.  I hope this reach out well to any victim to lexatrade. God bless you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register