LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

One doubt

Why a criminal section 498a is at all created? dowry harassment comes into severe domestic violence right. Then when you have DV act then why anyone need 498a? 

Dont tell me DV is civil and thats the reason a non-bailable section is created, it sounds funny to me.

In DV too, the victim gets relief and if the respondent doesnt adhere to judge order then a non-bailable arrest warrant will be issued right...

thats the way to go about....then dowry harassment should come under DV act..let the victim prove that there was some dowry harassment, let the judge find substance in her argument and then failing to adhere judge's orders, a warrant can be issued on husband or his family members. I find this process very logical..

I am against dowry or its harassment. I am not anti-to 498a, the fact remains there were dowry deaths in this country, and that should be condemned rather ruthlessly. But it is also a fact that the 498a section is being misutilized with ulterior motives.

I find the 498a section and its process, its execution looks very poor. If a dowry death or any death happens anyway there are severe criminal laws to act upon the culprits.

Then why does one need a separate criminal section? just to harass the grooms family? just with a simple complaint, one family has to go thru torture for a decade? I find it very strange, please enlighten me why do u need a criminal section.

The DV should do the job. One warning by the judicial system to the groom's family in-case of any real dowry harrassment  and failing which should throw the guy's family behind bars.

Learning

1 Replies

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     01 February 2014

more study is needed, dude !

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register