Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pvt_RajKing (Private)     29 June 2010

Objectives and Contents of Chief Affidavit

Hello,

Could someone please articulate as to what the purpose/objects of the chief affidavit is?

In what way it is similar to petition and in what way it is different from Petition?

What are the critical items to be included in the Chief Affidavit?

Any sample chief affidavit would be helpful.

Sorry for the trouble but I couldn't find any reference in the CPC.....may be I wasn't looking at the right place..

Learning

4 Replies

Devajyoti Barman (Advocate)     29 June 2010

First of all there is nothinfg called chief affidavit. There is one called affidavit -in-chief.

This is which the witness file when he is required to give evidence and this affidavit dispense with the oral testimony of the witness and the same is reduced into writing so that he could only have to face cross examination. It is put into operation by the amendment of CPC in 2002 for the purpose of expeditious trial.

Get in touch with any practising advocate to get a  copy of such affidavit.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     30 June 2010

Instead of oral evidence parties affidavit will be filed  to save the time.  I t contains the pleadings of the plaint.

kranthi (retainer advocate)     30 June 2010

chief contains the evidence & docuements on which the party relies and the facts of case in brief , the person who come before as witness file chief, signed by him

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     01 July 2010

As stated the affadavit is replacement in place of oral examination. The main defference with the main petition as the questioner has asked is that you can include many pleadings based on the progress of the suit and detail all the dcouments which come on the record.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register