Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nri dowry case

Page no : 2

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 October 2014

approach NCW as advised.

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     14 October 2014

The subject line and the story that you have narrated are contradictory. There is no dowry related harasment in your story.

ruchikaz (hr)     14 October 2014

THANKS for the advise.i APPROACHED them but they didnt advise me what should i do

Due to non meeting of illegal demands and physical  mental harrasments , he filed a divorce and sent me to india . thats a 2 year story which i couldnt narrate here.i have proofs tha'ts why he had withdrawn the divorce case from India .please tell me what can i do my best to get his case dismissed from foreign LAND.

LoneFighter (IT)     15 October 2014

I wonder if you could do something .. in absentia is followed in US. they do not actually wait. 

You will have to be in US to compete the case. See if u can get into US on tourist  visa or something. You could get a TRO using a lawyer in US. it is like stay in India. If you get a TRO for your case, you could stall the case for some time.  

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 October 2014

Even if the divorce is granted ex-parte, the criminal case in India does not extinguished and you can get all accused declared as PO and apply for attachement of assests u/s 82/83 of CrPC.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 October 2014

Further you story cannot be different than thousands of girls in lure of dollars earned out of derogatory and hard life in foreign settlement, got married to NRI and got cheated.  Because people like you voluntarily becoming victims are in thousands the police is not inclined to help as it is beyond their capacity.

AS   15 October 2014

ruchikaz :- leave it , why u r so aggressive .

See it is your fault that you did not checked the background before getting married to that person.

secondly, may be he is a bad person or may be he deserve better.

Just like you are using law as a tool :- by filling 498a , same way he is taking advantage by filling  get divorce in you absence. 

Now someone advised you to business visa of USA (come-on why are you wasting you money on this)

Some other person was telling to get him declare as PO.This is what max you can achieve.But again nothing will happen.

Leave him and move-on , Life is complex and dont make it more complex for yourself by taking such tensions. 

Utilize you time and money at better place.

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     15 October 2014

Mr. Sudir Kumar,

Her maintenance case got dismissed in foreign country.

How u/s 82/83 of CrPC will be applicable then ?

Mrs. Ruchikaz,

Law cannot resolve matrimonial disputes rather it increase. I hope you will understand.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register