LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vignesh E   30 January 2024

Notice period issue

I've worked in a company for four months(bpo), then I had to quit I informed my manager, TL and HR too. They were like serve notice period or your name will be blacklisted from nasscom and you might get future employment troubles. I had my personal reasons to quit. Later I received a mail stating that in no call no show mentioned in it was to pay fnf settlement which I did not notice. later I receive mail saying I have to pay the company an amount of they will take legal actions. Firstly I did not sign any contract and I informed about my resignation, no one told me about the penalty. All they say is mail to the HR team. Yesterday I received a mail saying that if I don't pay they'll take legal action, my mental health is getting disturbed. I'm uncertain what to do will really appreciate if anyone helps.

Learning

2 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     30 January 2024

You have accepted terms and conditions of service, wherein it is clearly stated qua how you may resign. You are bound by the terms of appointment / resignation.

Revisit your appointment letter or show it to a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts and professional advise. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 January 2024

Actually on quitting the service, you should have followed the procedures by complying with the terms and conditions of employment offer letter.

If you were to serve three months notice period, you cannot refuse to obey.

However, you may inform the company your willingness to serve three months notice period or compensate in lieu of it.

You may await their action for recovery, if any 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register