LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

saira KHAN (PROBATIONARY OFFICER)     17 January 2015

notice period for probationary officer scale-1 in psu banks

I was appointed asprobationary officer scale -1 in canara bank.i resigned during my probation ,they asked me to serve 3 months notice period or penalty amount in lieu of notice period.i asked my hr department to give me resignation policy of bank,they denied to me. i want to know that ,is notice period in my case of one month or not as i was in probation . Please help me

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 January 2015

The notice period/notice pay/rate of notice pay  is part of service conditions that are stated in appointment letter, Service Rules and Regulations/HR policy a reference of which is mentioned in appointment letter. These are also available at HR portal/Employee’s portal and also at website of employee’s unions………….

You may download and go thru these……..and attach a copy.

The employee’s union leaders can also guide you.

saira KHAN (PROBATIONARY OFFICER)     18 January 2015

thank you sir,but there was no such policy related to resignation by probationary officer in appointment letter and regulation policy of bank ,indeed i asked them such through mails but they dint gave me the circular or policy,they only asked me to serve 3 month notice period in mail

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 January 2015

Usually it is mentioned in appointment letter/contract of employment/addendums/corrigendums etc.............signed by both employer and employee...............that service conditions shall be governed by say HR policy/Service Rules and Regulations etc..................

If notice period of 3 months is not mentioned in appointment letter, or any other policy or rules that shall govern the service conditions say HR policy/Service Rules and Regulations etc.................. then no service condition of notice period/notice pay in lieu of notice period is negotiated/communicated/signed with you and you may claim ...............................NO such condition is applicable to you......

It is difficult to understand how can HR/Legal cell personnel of M/s Canara bank draft such contract without notice period and demand to service notice period!!!!!!!

HR is not your employer.....................and HR personnel are just another employee like you in your bank.

If you have demanded a policy then HR has to supply it. If it has not you may submit a final representation under proper acknowledgment addressed to good offices of appointing authority,MD,Chairman and seek certified copies of documents desired by you................................you may even pursue RTI route if advised by your lawyer....

However it shall be appropriate to show all docs starting from job advt,job application,interview call letter,selection letter,offer letter,appointment letter,HR policy/Service Rules and Regulations etc..................,indemnity bond if any signed by you to an able Labor Law Consultant/Service matters lawyer in person and proceed further expert advice of your lawyer.......... 

saira KHAN (PROBATIONARY OFFICER)     28 January 2015

Thank you so much sir I will do as u say

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register